Monday, September 30, 2013

Day 3 - Sept. 30, 2013

Started off the day a little late because we visited with the lady (the husband went to work early) that we stayed with (John Gibbel's cousin).  She prayed for us, made us breakfast and we had some delightful fellowship!!  It was a great relaxing way to start the day especially when I had an idea of what I was in for today. 

Wow - HILLS - I think I'm passed the really nasty ones now but who knows.  Today was a challenge!! On a positive note, God has definitely blessed me with just beautiful weather!!!  I can't say enough about how perfect it's been.  I actually made good time today somehow and covered 74 miles to just down the mountain from Cowans Gap State Park Campground.  The park ranger directed us to a really cute little cottage on Rt. 75.  Very cozy and priced just right.  We were excited to see how everything worked out again today.  And the owners of the cottage are considering giving me a donation just like I received from the wonderful couple last night. 

So I am over half way at 222 miles and just thrilled to have accomplished all this in 3 days!!!  Continued prayer for strength and just hoping that my message is reaching many, many people!!!  Thanks to all for your support!!!  Enjoy the pictures!!

 Old Turnpike trail in Breezewood, PA (over mile long tunnel)
Me overlooking lake at Cowans Gap State Park

 Dad supporting me with window art (right side says "Chase Car").  He was having fun!!

Cute cottage we're staying at tonight and my Dad out front.

No comments:

Post a Comment