Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Dealing with Tendonitis August 20, 2013

Went to lunch with my Dad and had to bend down and could barely stand back up.  The pain in my knee was really bad.  I was worried some but tried to stay positive.  I decided I better take a break from riding to rest my knee and talk to the chiropractor about it.  He gave me suggestions and did say to try and ride but take it easy, no big hills. 

Well, I went camping with my Mom and sister near Rickets Glen over the weekend and it was still really hurting.  We had beautiful weather so Sunday, Aug. 25 I decided to try to ride.  It did not go well.  I only went 6 miles and my knee was killing me the whole time.  We were in a bad area for easy riding also with lots of big hills and unpaved roads.  I decided I shouldn't push it.

Next full week, Aug. 26, my schedule was packed.  I only did work outs and then massaged, iced and heated my knee.  It was feeling a little better but certainly not where it needed to be.

Not having dealt with tendonitis before I wasn't sure what I was really in for. My chiropractor was very encouraging that it can heal before the big ride.  After he gave me things to do, so did my trainer.  I'm praying it gets worked out.

No comments:

Post a Comment