Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Sept. 4 and Sept. 7, 2013 Rides

After getting the boys off to their first day of the school year on Wednesday the 4th, I got some phone calls done and work done then I got ready and hopped on my bike.  I rode over through Manheim and Route 72 and Fruitville Pike, down Temperance Hill and over to Doe Run Rd. then Newport Rd. until I covered 30 miles.  I felt good and it was a beautiful day.  And no pain in my right knee, alleluia!!

Saturday the 7th, I was excited to ride because the weather was supposed to be perfect.  I had to take my 15 yr. old son to Training in the morning for an hour then home. Then I left at 11:10 am and rode to Scooters for an early lunch appt. then rode out from there.  I headed down behind the airport, over to Landis Valley Rd., thru the back way to Eden Rd. then back to Oregon Pike. I then decided to stop in an see my almost one yr. old niece on my trek so I went over to Rt. 501 near Delp Rd.  It was a good day for her, she laughed and smiled the whole 1/2 hr. I was there and my sister-in-law was enjoying her.  I decided to go through Overlook, then a quick jolt on Fruitville Pike to Delp Rd. then Rt. 72.  I went up the hill and over to Temperance Hill again.  This time I headed to Lexington Rd. and took that the whole way to Rt. 501.  Lexington Rd. in that direction is a little hilly but I needed to tackle some hills at this point.  Ended up on Pine Hill Rd. to pass John Beck School and then just kept riding around until I hit 40 miles.  My knee was bothering me some and it had been a long day.  I can only pray for the weather on my big ride to be as nice as this week.  I really enjoyed coming home to find my 17 yr. old son washing my mini van too.  We got pizza and had a good evening!!!   

Only 3 weeks to go!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment