Sunday, September 29, 2013

Day 2 - Sept. 29, 2013


Wow, God is certainly blessing me with some AWESOME weather!!!  I actually accomplished more today than I expected because of my knee and back pain and just being tired.  I got back on the trail in Ohiopyle.  It was beautiful with leaves falling and again chipmunks everywhere.  One blended in to the leaves so well I almost ran over him.  I will say after 42 miles yesterday on the trail and another 29 today, I'm glad it was broken up.  Even though it's flat, it's a sandy gravel base to ride on and you can't really pick up much speed.  I decided to just take my time and enjoy it because I had some great views! 

I passed a town called Confluence and ended the trail at Rockwood.  Cute little Bed & Breakfast at the end of the trail that looked nice if anyone is interested sometime. After riding through Rockwood, the "fun" really started when I entered Somerset, just hill after hill.  I wasn't sure how far I could go but I did really well.  I got some MapQuest directions around some really nasty hills on Rt. 31 but unfortunately MapQuest doesn't account for dirt roads so we hit a snag with one and had to get around it.  At that point about 3 pm I decided to stop riding and find a place to rest and just relax.  It didn't all go as planned time wise but we ended up driving to Everett, PA and we are staying with a very kind relative of John Gibbel.  I'm very glad John's suggestion to me worked out with my riding schedule and we're very grateful for their generosity!!  I ended today with about 55 miles!!

Tomorrow I will drive back to where I stopped and then I will end up on Rt. 30 (business and regular) a little and I know there will be some more nasty hills here and there to get to and passed Breezewood.  Thanks for all your prayers and please continue to share my donation site to anyone you meet. www.frc.org/acrosspenn            

The first picture is me ending yesterday in Ohiopyle, the next 2 are from the trail today and the last one is me starting my ride yesterday at the WV border.  (That's just the order the pictures posted in)      



Time to finish up some things and get to bed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment