Friday, September 20, 2013

Rec and Ride - Sept. 18, 2013

Busy doing stuff at home and packing for my trip, I decided I better get some mileage in.  It was such a beautiful day and perfect for riding.  I decided to go 25-30 miles and on the way back stop at the Rec Center to work on some weight machines. 

I enjoyed the ride weather-wise but was kind of sluggish feeling. I accomplished 26 miles and a 1/2 hr. workout at the Rec which went pretty good. I figured out later as I started to get a sore throat why I was sluggish - I was getting sick.  I couldn't believe it, what next.  I don't know how athletes in general keep in tip top shape and healthy all the time.  My son Avery is sick with a cold so I guess he passed it on to me.  I started taking echinacea and some other natural things.  They are actually working pretty good except for my energy, I feel exhausted.

I still went to the Rec on Thursday the 19th and my regular trainer session in Akron on Friday the 20th.  They were hard but I really have to stick with it now!!  Only a few days left and I have a full week of stuff, appointments and errands to get done before I go. 

Please keep in mind, that if you wish to donate by check, send that to me by Sept. 26 so I can mail them in before I leave.  The check gets made to "FRC" and my address is Donna Neff, 527 Royal Tern, Lititz, PA 17543.  Thanks so much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment