Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Day 5 - Oct. 2, 2013

I know I am repeating myself but things just couldn't be going any better.  The weather was a little hot today but still very beautiful!!  And besides being a little sore, I really do feel good!

It was really nice to sleep in my own bed last night since I was so close to home:)  Today, I started at the Wrightsville Bridge in Columbia where I ended yesterday.  I do not like the city areas because of construction and bumpy roads. Drivers also have a lot to pay attention to so I just have my Dad drive behind me with hazards on just to be safe.  Headed down Columbia Ave., I passed WGAL and decided to stop in and ask if they would be interested in my ride and they interviewed me.  I was thrilled that they took the time.  It was really cool!!

Went further down Rt. 462 into King St. in Lancaster City and decided to stop in at Gibbel, Kraybill and Hess law firm on Orange St. (I used to work there) to say Hi and thank them for helping to sponsor my ride.  It was nice to see some friends that I haven't seen in awhile!!  I headed back out to King St., then Rt. 340 and eventually to Rt. 23.  I ran into the New Holland Fair which I didn't expect so I had to ride down the sidewalk because the street was packed at 12 noon.  There was a sidewalk that didn't have a "ramp" so I swerved to stop and I did bang up my leg a little with a nice big bump but I was fine.  My Dad and I stopped for lunch and I iced it right away. 

Going some back roads again, I ended up back on Rt. 23 for a long time thru Morgantown, then we ended up in Valley Forge.  Found a Hampton Inn 1/2 mile away which is awesome.  We got a AAA discount, free supper and free breakfast and the room actually smells good!!  Plus the check-in clerk was really nice and thought my ride was really cool.  I gave her a flier and she was excited!  It has just been so exciting to watch everything fall in to place so well, the people we have met and just to see God working!!  I rode 68 miles today and after recalculating my "map" mileage, I have about 44 miles left.  How Awesome!!!    I didn't stop to take any pictures today since it was mostly farm fields, horses and cows and of course the cities.   Check-in tomorrow for the finale!!

No comments:

Post a Comment