Monday, August 26, 2013

Aug. 14 Ride to the Jigger Shop in Mt. Gretna

What a beautiful day and a beautiful ride!  It was exactly 16 miles up Rt. 501 and 322 to the Jigger Shop.  I thankfully left later than I expected in the morning because when I arrived at the Jigger Shop I found out they don't open for lunch until 12 noon and I got there at 11:40 am.  I was hungry and decided to wait.  I grabbed a quick bite enjoying the deck and the serene surroundings even though the breeze was a little cool sitting still.  I love that area and riding the rolling hills in the coolness of the trees is just to tranquil.

I wanted to ride between 40-50 miles so I headed down Rt. 322 towards Ephrata and went home on one of the back roads.  I covered 42 miles and felt good preparing for my longest ride on Friday.  Check back in to read about my big ride to the Poconos!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment