Monday, June 10, 2013

Start of the bike ride for Faith, Marriage and Family journal

Hello to all those following me on my incredible journey.  This is my first official typed blog.

I have had some health issues so my bike training has been very limited.  Some of the weather hasn't helped either. I did ride last Tuesday for just over 36 miles and it went ok. I have my regular training session with my trainer Friday mornings which is cardio and weights. She always works me over quite hard but she's lots of fun. And how can you go wrong with a trainer named Angel:)

I rode on Sunday (June 9, 2013) in the evening and was able to get 25 miles in before dark.  It was one of the best rides I ever had.  One section was riding on Lakeview Dr. next to what used to be Speedwell Lake.  It's very disappointing not to have the lake there but riding through the woods, smelling all the honeysuckle was just wonderful.  I had a chipmunk run out in front of me which was funny.  And just feeling the coolness from the trees, it was just so relaxing and beautiful.  I then came out on Rt. 322 and headed towards Ephrata.  After I pass Esbenshade's Greenhouses, I get to go down the big hill at an exhilarating 35 mile per hour.  Since they repaved the road, it's so smooth.

On Wednesday (June 12), I leave for camping with my sons and we will be whitewater rafting on Thursday down the "Yough" at Ohiopyle, PA. I'm looking forward to it but not the predicted weather. I will be trying to get a bike ride in the trip somewhere.  Signing Off for Now:)

No comments:

Post a Comment