Thursday, June 20, 2013

Trip to Ohippyle, PA

                     On the Allegheny Passage Trail overlooking the Youghiogheny River

               Riding back to the outfitter in Ohiopyle, PA with my son Owen taking pictures.


Owen and I were whitewater rafting at Ohiopyle, PA and we were supposed to get horrible weather; however, it ended up being awesome.  We rafted on Thursday, June 13, 2013 with our own guide and a deluxe lunch on the river with chicken breast sandwiches and shrimp no less.  We did the bike ride on Friday and it was beautiful out and we rode about 18 miles.  We were camping at Kentuck Campground up in the mountain which we upgraded to a wall tent because of the weather predictions.  We had some fun with some chipmunks and saw a fawn up close.  It was a great trip and I was excited that I got to ride on part of the bike route that I will be taking in October on my ride across PA.


No comments:

Post a Comment